Ashford Grange is a 5 star luxury b&b in Darley Dale on the edge of the Peak District National Park, just six miles from Chatsworth and Bakewell. Two miles north of Matlock, three miles south of Rowsley and just five miles from Haddon Hall, Ashford Grange is in a quiet secluded setting, easily accessible from the A6. Ashford Grange offers superb, boutique-style luxury b&b accommodation and its location in Darley Dale, Matlock is ideal for exploring the stunning beauty of the Peak District and Derbyshire Dales.
Address: Ashford Grange, Oakwood Drive, Darley Dale, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 2BT
By car from the South
- At Matlock take the A6 (North) signposted for Bakewell.
- After about a mile, pass Whitworth Small Accident & Emergency Hospital on the right, then Milner Off Road Racing (at corner of Old Hackney Lane) also on the right.
- 100 yards further on, still on the A6, opposite bus stop on the left, there is a recess on the right, with a lodge to the left of it and a much larger house to the right. This is Darley Lodge Drive. Turn into it and at one o’clock is Oakwood Drive. Ashford Grange is at the top of the road on the left.
By car from the North
- From Rowsley which is on the A6, continue south for about 3 miles heading towards Matlock, passing through traffic lights at the intersection with the B5057 for Two Dales on the left and Darley Bridge on the right.
- Continue past St Elphins Retirement Village on the left and Grove Lane also on the left (red pillar box in the wall on the corner).
- 100 yards further on, still on the A6, you will see what looks like a lay-by on the left, opposite the bus stop on the right. Turn left into this recess which is Darley Lodge Drive, then at one o’clock is Oakwood Drive. Ashford Grange is at the top of the road on the left.
Public Transport Train Services
- National Train Enquiries: 08457 484950
- Nearest railway stations: Matlock 1.3 miles and Chesterfield 10 miles
Local Taxi Services
- DJG Taxis: 01629 650025 Mob: 07767 238331 Email: John@djg-taxis.co.uk
- The nearest bus stop is at the bottom of Oakwood Drive and Darley Lodge Drive on the A6 and a regular service runs between Matlock and Bakewell, “The Sixes” service, number 6.1.
- East Midlands 37 miles
- Manchester 42 miles
- Birmingham International 63 miles